Saturday 13 June 2015

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Hello good people!

Yes, despite the lack of sunshine I finally got round to doing some very belated photography! (Actually, the sun has been out for days, it's just me being slow.)





This here is my Rainbow jumper, or Lavenda #915, all made up and all 280 (!) ends weaved in!
I finished it three weeks ago, and in time to bring it to our car trip to Denmark. Which was perfect, because May this year has been the coldest in almost 50 years. So cute, wooly 40s jumpers were just the ticket, and wearing them got me lots of compliments! I'm gonna call that a double win :)






The knitting of this jumper is very straight forward, but I found the pattern a bit boring if I'm honest. Lacy things add some brain exercise, but this was just knit 3, slip 1, and then purl 3, slip 1on the alternating rows . Every 4th row, you switch color, and scoot the stitch pattern sideways by half a repeat. Snooze...





But that makes it a great project for when you are not feeling like being focused :)
I did make some alterations in size (just added some repeats) and did waist increases every sixth row the same way stated in the Victory jumper pattern.

I love the neckline on this jumper too! The buttons are fully funtional, and that is useful for when you have done up in full Victory roll splendour, and then remember you need to get clothing over your head. Not that the neckline isn't stretchy, 'cause it is. Just gives you lotta' room!





Even if this is knitted in the same yarn as my Victory jumper and is knitted on same size needles, it does feel heavier/bulkier. My Victory jumper is light an airy because of the lace pattern, but this pattern makes the fabric denser. I was a bit disappointed by this initially, but the jumper is still lovely in my eyes.




This may or may not come as a surprise, but I have started a new knit! Some time ago Renée, of Renée and the cats meow shared a free pattern which I thought was lovely. So it jumped my queue, and is now about 40% done. So far it looks great! So thanks, Renée! If you haven't visited her blog, you should! It is lovely and full of vintage inspiration, and there are many more free knitting patterns at her place, too.

Now, what have you been up to lately?





20 comments:

  1. Siri -- this is gorgeous! The color combination is perfect. It may have been boring but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie :)
      I am strangely at peace with the colors, although they are not my usual pick. I really like the jumper, but I think we can safely agree that I will not knit up this pattern again :)

      Delete
  2. Your top is absolutely stunning, the color combination is beautiful. It may have been boring to knit but it was worth it as it looks very good on you.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, so gorgeous and a great fit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only knit scarves... This looks so great! It fits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you made your own wedding dress, which was totally awesome, so don't feel bad about your knitting skills ;)

      Delete
  5. You really chose great colours Siri - I love the puff sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Theodora! Love the sleeves too, but I don't think they come out very puffy in these photos. I will definitely make more jumpers with puffed sleeves :)

      Delete
  6. Such great details - the solid yoke, buttons and puff sleeves. You picked great colours - looks really good on you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in awe of your knitting skills! Not just your craftsmanship, but also by how beautifully you combine colours. This is just lovely - I'm sure you'll be receiving compliments every time you wear it, and for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Danielle! What a lovely compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I love the sweaters you knit up. you always pick such great colors. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out lovely! The colors really seem to match your skin tone. I'm very excited to see the jumper from the patern I shared!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    Skull Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nice comment ☺ I have been taking a break from blogging, but I plan to get going again!

      Delete