Sunday 22 March 2015

Start spreadin' the news....!

I'm entering todaaaaayyyyy!!!!

Have you heard? The best ever sew-along is announced over at Lucky Lucille,
The Spring for Cotton sewalong! YAY!





I participated in last years Sew for Victory, and had a hoot! If you didn't see it, I made my Lobster playsuit. I also was a part of the Fall for Cotton challenge, and loved that one too, even if I didn't finish in time or ever posted decent photos of the dress. No matter :)

This sewalong was honestly perfect timing, as I need a kick up the backside to tackle dress sewing again, in time for warmer weather. I have an annual trip coming up in late May, with the Norwegian Sportscar Club, and need some great outfits for it.

I wore some me-mades on last years trip and got lots of compliments, and that is always fun. Here I am in my Lobster suit, and although I have no photographic evidence of me IN our car, you'll just have to take my word for it. We always have a lot of fun on these trips, and it is a highlight of the season.

The lady on the right is also a sewing fanatic, so
naturally, we had lots to talk about!



Our little trooper, who takes us to all kinds of
lovely locations.



Hanging out, looking very cold.
Which I was. This is the 2013 trip.






So, are you all entering the sewalong? I am! Even got the fabric already, just need the perfect pattern. I have a 40s dress in mind, hoping I'll have something suitable in my pattern collection :)
Let the planning begin!




9 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I look forward to seeing what you make :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kanskje det kunne vært noe...... Trenger litt inspirasjon for å komme i siget kjenner jeg. "Norwegian Sportscar Club" som i Norsk Sportsvognklubb?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaaaaa! Bli med! Ja, det er NSK ;) Kjenner du kanskje noen der? Eller kanskje du er med selv?

      Delete
    2. Er faktisk medlem, men det må vel kalles støttemedlem ;-) Hadde en Austin Healy en gang i tida sammen med han jeg var gift med. Moro med sportsbil da, men nå er det nærmeste jeg kommer Toyota Landcruiser. Har beholdt medlemskapet, for man vet jo aldri......

      Delete
  3. I am going to check it out -- cotton is always great to sew with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you have to join, it's great fun! There might be prizes ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm in! I'm hoping to sew my sixties dress by this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete